Friday, April 29, 2016

Feature and Follow: April 29th



The Feature and Follow is the premium BLOG HOP of Book Bloggers. hosted by AlisonCanRead and Parajunkee.  Running for over five years, the Feature and Follow’s goal is to promote the book blogging and author community to join together and support each other – even if it is just through a simple follow.

This week's blog prompt is:

3 FAVORITE HEROINES, BOOKS THEY’RE IN, AND WHY YOU LOVE THEM.

The only hard piece to this prompt is that I have so many favorites that it is difficult to choose only three.  Here goes:

Charley Davidson:  I've loved all nine books in the Charley Davidson series so far, mostly due to the fact that the main character, the grim reaper herself, is sassy, snarky, a little bit trashy, and one badass heroine.  She is a character who I can always count on to make me laugh out loud no matter how lousy I am feeling.  I also love her wide array of inappropriate t-shirts.

Sephronia Temminnick:  From the Finishing School series by Gail Carriger. Sephronia is supposed to be a proper young lady and concerned with manners and etiquette but her natural personality is just the opposite.  Her adventures and daring as she trains to be a spy/assassin in this steampunk Victorian setting are so much fun to read.

Mary Russell:  The main character in the Mary Russell Mysteries by Laurie R. King. Mary is the new apprentice of Sherlock Holmes and eventually becomes his much younger wife and partner in crime solving. She is strong and resilient and a perfect match for Holmes.  She is the main crime solver in these stories and is completely deserving of the spotlight.


                                                                                                                                     post signature

8 comments:

  1. CHARLEY!! Yes! I love that girl too! She's hilarious!!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Mary Russel! I've really been wanting to read the Finishing School series. I was just looking at the first book at the library today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Charley! She's so funny and snarky. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charley was a great choice!
    New follower in all kinds of places :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you on Mary Russel. And your other choices are great too!
    New follower too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh great choices I have the Charley Davidson series I just need book #8 & #9 and I also have the first book of Finishing School Series but I have not read any of these books yet, but now I am so going too the heroines sounds absolutely amazing and so does the Mary Russell too! Thank you for stopping by and following my blog. Old Follower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sephronia sounds like my kind of character! I haven't read any of these series or authors, but I love mysteries!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't heard any of the books mentioned. But I will definitely check them out. :)

    New GFC follower

    ReplyDelete