Friday, February 28, 2014

Feature and Follow Friday (Feb 28)

Feature and Follow Friday is a blog hop hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. You follow the two hosts, the two featured bloggers, answer that week's question, and enter your name in the linky list. You follow them, they follow you. Easy peasy. There is also a social network linky list to help you gain twitter followers. It's an all around win. Just click on the button to the left to join the hop!!

This week's question:


Change the plot.  If you could, to what book would you change the ending or plot thread?  Do it!

Wow!  I have two in mind but I'm going to go with the one that most upset me, Allegiant by Veronica Roth.  Stop here if you have not read this book yet and don't want a spoiler...
Don't get me wrong, I loved the book.  However, I am a huge fan of a happy ending, especially when I have invested so much time in a series.  I wanted Tobias and Tris to get through all of their trials and tribulations and have the opportunity to triumph and see the beginnings of a new world together, not apart.  It would really have only been a small change and everyone could have been happy. 

I would still have Tris be shot and see her mother as she is about to fade away because I think it was important to circle around and bring the mother back to the story.  I would have let the reader fear her dead for a few pages but ultimately let her live.  She would wake up in a hospital bed and have Tobias waiting for her.  He would help her hobble over to a window, and they would look out over the land, mourning the past and lost friends but ponder the new hope and possibilities for their future... together.

I like this ending much better... just sayin'

                                                                                                                         

18 comments:

  1. I don't necessarily need a happy ending, but I'd rather the main character didn't die after investing so much time on a series. I thought Allegiant was a mess, though.

    New follower hopping through, btw. Hi! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopping through! I'm also a fan of a good happy ending. Too bad this series didn't have one... I've never read the book personally, but I've heard a lot of good things about it. Unfortunately, nothing has spoiled the ending so far... wish it was a better one!

    Nora @ The Bookery

    ReplyDelete
  3. New follower, hai! :3 And I've not started the Divergent series yet (although I got spoiled for the Allegiant ending a while ago) but from what I've heard Allegiant's a bit of a hot mess - books I read don't necessarily have to have a happy ending, but they should at least make sense :/ I'm definitely still going to read the series, though, I feel like the last person to start!

    ReplyDelete
  4. New follower via GFC. I almost picked Allegiant. I would have a loved a happy ending. This book ripped me apart.

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh, better! (Really, that ending IS much better) New follower via Bloglovin'. Thanks for stopping by at FF

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah not many were happy with this ending. I was one of the lonely few who accepted it. Although I definitely wouldn't turn away your ending idea! ;)

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the love you showed my blog Vicariously!

    I really liked you answer.

    I'm a new follower via bloglovin, GFC, and twitter :)

    Have an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Uh, I really didn't like this book either! I really hated the ending! :|

    New bloglovin and GFC follower!


    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just followed you! Hi!!

    You know, I'm actually one of those people that liked the ending because it gave a nice closing. Now, would you rather have a nice closing ending than an ending that just leaves you hanging? Anyways, that's just my opinion but I really do like how you mentioned that Veronica could have done some miracle with Tris' death or like have Cara joking about her death and then Tris comes up behind her and start laughing or something.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  10. I actually didn't mind the ending of Allegiant, even if I cried so hard I could hardly see my book in my hands. But I can totally get what you mean about happy endings :)

    New Bloglovin' follower :) thanks for stopping by earlier.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  11. OOh - I couldn't agree more with your ending! I featured this in my answer as well for the SAME reason!

    Old follower.
    Holly @ Words Fueled by Love

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Laura
    I’m stopping by today to tell you that I have nominated you for the Leibster Award. If you would like to learn more then just click HERE! Or if you have already participated in the past then let me just say that I just love your blog and I hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. There is no link in your post however. I'm glad you enjoy the blog. :)
      Laura

      Delete
  13. Thanks for stopping by Tales Between the Pages

    New Bloglovin' and Twitter follower.

    Jessica @ Tales Between the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, Allegiant definitely needed a change in plot. I wouldn't have minded it so much if I felt like the whole incident was just such a waste. It was not justified, it achieved nothing, and I felt like Veronica Roth did it just for the shock factor. :( Great pick for this week!

    New GFC follower :)
    Witless Fool @ Obsessive Compulsive Reader

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was spoiled for the ending; that's why I'm not picking it up yet.

    Thanks for stopping by and for following. Following right back.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, a lot of people are choosing this book!

    Thanks so much for stopping by my site. New GFC follower!

    ~Lori
    Psychotic State Book Reviews
    www.psychoticstate.net

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think this is a general consensus. It's not so much about how the book ended, but the fact that it made no sense!

    Jessi

    http://www.thebookcove.com/2014/02/feature-and-follow-12-plot-change-up.html

    ReplyDelete