Monday, May 13, 2013

Monday Musing


Hosted by www.shouldbereading.wordpress.com
Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).

My Musing...
When I was 15, I worked at Burger King and became good friends with some of my coworkers.  Years later, I found one of the guys on Facebook and was delighted to discover that he wrote a novel for children called, Hidden World under the name Jason Robert.  What a great accomplishment!

My gears started turning and from there, things just fell into place.  I had just started blogging, he had his book published, I was in touch with him on Facebook, and I teach fourth grade so the book connected to the age I teach.  I contacted him and asked him if I could read his book and write about it on my blog and he readily agreed.  I just grabbed it yesterday and can't wait to start reading!
  

1 comment:

  1. that is such a sweet story.. it is always so wonderful to make such a find...
    do check out the giveaway on my blog..

    ReplyDelete